Season 5 of My Creative Life Podcast Drops Today with Jamie Zollars Children's Book Illustrator and Author.
I can’t believe I am on Season 5 of My Creative Life. Podcast about creatives and their art journey. It’s been amazing to talk with the fantastic creatives. I just had an interview with Samantha Cotterill the other day and learned that even the most established award winning illustrators have to draw limits on what they can get done. Take measured steps towards success. There’s always time in the future to work on things. Here is the schedule for season 5 that starts Jan. 3, 2021. Their IG handles are at the end.
1. 1/3/21 Jamie Zollars, Children’s Book Writer and Illustrator, @jaimezollarsart
2. 1/10/21 Robin Martéa, Illustrator, @robinmartea
3. 1/17/21 Chinmayee Bagade, Illustrator, @chinmayee_bagade
4. 1/24/21 Maggie Roth, Artist, @maggieroth_
5. 1/31/21 Yiyi Chen, Illustrator, @yiyich_chen
6. 2/7/21 Yevhenia Haidamaka, Professor/Illustrator, @yevhaidamaka
7. 2/14/21 JaVon Townsend, Aspiring Children’s Book Writer/Illustrator, @javonmakesart
8. 2/28/21 Caroline Hanlon, Illustrator, @caroline.imagines
9. 3/7/21 Reema Zoumut, Animation Teacher, @bolsagrande_animation
10. 3/14/21 Heather Tietz and Myself, Applesauce Books, @applesaucebooks_
11. 3/20/21 Ryan Bird and Stephanie Bott, Toy Designer Bird Bott Toys, @birdbotttoys
12. 3/28/21 Nikita Prokohova, Professor/Graphic Designer, @typebynikita
13. 4/4/21 Samantha Cotterill, Children’s Book Author and Illustrator
14. 4/11/21 Adam Strickland, Animator
Thank you to everyone for their support in listening. It’s a hobby and something I enjoy doing and learning from.
Listen to past interviews at My Creative Life Podcast. I've included the Youtube video version of the interview. It only includes audio.
I always loved drawing and creating images with stories. This led to me studying Illustration at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). I’m an illustrator and art educator. I try to instill in my students that visual arts takes effort, and it’s a big part of our culture and communication process. One of the highlights of being an art teacher has been watching my students pursue their own art careers.
I’ve worked as a graphic designer and staff illustrator. I’ve been able to see my illustrations and designs in magazines, newspapers, package designs, and picture books. My illustrations have been included in group exhibits with the Society of Illustrators LA, and the Society of Children’s Books Writers & Illustrators (Georgia). I reside in Savannah, Georgia with my husband, son, and four guinea pigs. Thank you for taking the time to visit my site.
If you want to read more about my career visit About Me on my website.
#illustration #illustrator #illustrationstudent #graduateillustration #childrensbooks